04Diligent and abundant human resources
- The job placement rate is high among both men and women.
- There are high local area employment rates, and a low turnover rate.
- A high-quality labor force is available among the inherently diligent and focused people of Nagano.
- Nagano also features numerous educational institutions that produce a diverse set of professionals and help cultivate engineers and other talent with global perspectives.
Businesses can expect to find talented professionals within Nagano Prefecture. Nagano will make possible the stable expansion of your business by providing a suitable site to train professionals over the long term.
Job placement rate
- 68.0% of men
- 1st in Japan
- 50.6% of women
- 2nd in Japan
Local area job placement rate
- Job placement rate of high school graduates inside their prefecture*90.1%
- 8th in Japan
FY 2020 Basic Survey of Schools, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology
*In-prefecture job placement proportion of high school graduates in March 2020
Low turnover rate
- 13.7% prefecture-wide turnover rate
- Ranked as low as 13th in Japan
2019 Survey of Employment Trends, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
Honest prefectural people
- Stop rate at roads with a crosswalk with no light72.4%
- Japan average 21.3% 1st in Japan
Japan Automobile Federation (JAF) August 2020 Survey results
Educational institutions in Nagano produce a variety of professionals
There is a broad range of fields of study in Nagano. Learning is closely connected to the region, and business sites to provide strong support for job placement.
- junior colleges
- technical college
- vocational schools
*Beginning April 2021.
Balanced work and family life
- 32.8% dual-income household rate
- 5th in Japan
Statistical Observation of Prefectures 2021
- School lunch rate for public elementary schools
Survey on School Lunch Conditions 2018
We fully support businesses in their recruiting efforts
Project to communicate the advantages of working in Nagano
The prefecture promotes job placement in Nagano by deepening the understanding of students moving on to employment both inside and outside of the prefecture by communicating the advantages of working in businesses here and by creating networking opportunities to both help businesses secure outstanding personnel to take on the industry in Nagano to revitalize the region.
Shinshu Industry-Academia-Government Partnership Initiative
Nagano Prefecture carries out initiatives through industry-academia-government partnerships. It closely cooperates with the career staff in universities and junior colleges in Nagano to match students with internships in Nagano businesses.
Job placement relocating people from urban to rural areas; Support for relocation and business start-ups
For people relocating from the Tokyo area, Aichi prefecture, and Osaka prefecture, there is a relocation grant system managed jointly between the prefecture and municipalities providing a grant with a maximum of 1 million yen to help with moving costs for those employed through the job-matching site started and operated by the prefecture.